Desogestrel (150 micrograms)
Ethinyl estradiol (30 micrograms)
1. Five important things to know about the Pill.
• The Pill is a reliable contraceptive and may reduce your risk of cancer of the ovary and womb if used in the long term.
• The Pill will not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases.
• This medicine can increase your risk of problems such as blood clots and breast cancer.
• Some women should not take the Pill because of current medical problems or illnesses. Please read this leaflet to make sure Marvelon is right for you.
• To prevent pregnancy it is important to take Marvelon as instructed and to start each pack on time. Please make sure that you understand what to do if you miss a pill or if you think you are pregnant.
2. Read all of this information carefully before you start taking this medicine.
• If you have any questions or need more advice, ask your doctor, family planning nurse or pharmacist.
• This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them.
• If any of the side effects gets severe, or if you notice any not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor, family planning nurse or pharmacist.
3. How to store Marvelon
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Store Marvelon below 25°C but not in the fridge. Store it in the original pack to protect it from light and moisture.
Do not use Marvelon after the expiry date shown on the packet. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not throw away any medicines down a drain or into a bin. Ask your pharmacist what to do with any medicines you do not want. This will help to protect the environment.
4. What is in Marvelon and who makes it
What is in Marvelon
Each box of Marvelon contains three strips of 21 tablets. Each strip of Marvelon contains 21 white tablets. Each tablet is round, measures 6mm across, has TR5 marked on one side and ORGANON * on the other side.
Each tablet contains: 150 micrograms of the progestogen desogestrel, and 30 micrograms of the oestrogen ethinyl estradiol.
Marvelon also contains the inactive ingredients: dl-alpha-tocopherol, potato starch, povidone, stearic acid, aerosol and lactose.
The company that holds the product licence for Marvelon is:
Cambridge Science Park,
Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0FL, United Kingdom.
Marvelon is made by:
N.V. Organon, P.O. Box 20, 5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands., or
Organon (Ireland) Ltd., Drynam Road, P.O. Box 2857, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Other contraception pills: